Click here for a step-by-step guide on building your own Pumpkin Racer!
Be sure to read the Official Rules to understand how to build a “legal” Pumpkin Racer. There are only a few simple rules to follow so let your imagination run wild.
- A bigger or heavier Pumpkin Racer is not necessarily a faster Pumpkin Racecar. Rarely does the biggest win. And we do have a 20 pound weight limit.
- The best way to build a fast Pumpkin Racer is to make sure the axles are parallel so your racer will roll straight down the track. Many racers are eliminated because their racer veers into the side wall before it crosses the finish line. Check to make sure they are parallel before every race.
- Make sure all of your wheels spin freely! Duh!?!
- Be sure your Racer has enough ground clearance. The race takes place on a track with bumps and dips. Be sure your Pumpkin Racer is high enough to clear them.
- Have fun making your Racer. Pick a theme and be creative. Often the crowd favorites are the most fun and creative ones. If you can’t win then lose with style!
- Be sure to visit the ProtoFab Garage for more expert tips & tune-ups.
Here are specs for the different classes.